"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle


I took this book with me on a flight to and from Salt Lake City yesterday, knowing it wouldn't take much in the way of concentration or time to get through. Someone referenced this in conversation recently and though it had been assigned reading in elementary school, I couldn't remember enough of it to intelligently remark on it. I remember not thinking much of it then and hoped that like To Kill a Mockingbird, I would re-discover a forgotten treasure. No such luck. I wasn't very fond of it then and I'm not very fond of it now. I realize it was written for children but I don't think that means that the characters need to be without depth and development. This is not a book that I'll pass down to my niece, unless of course she asks.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18131.A_Wrinkle_in_Time

No comments:

Post a Comment