"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory


Philippa Gregory never lets me down... I wasn't sure about this one at first. It seemed like it was a little more difficult to get into than some of her others but once I did I really liked it. Gregory has a talent for making you question whether you love or hate the characters. They're very dynamic and she lets you see both sides of them as you might if you knew them personally. You may be a staunch supporter of the main character one moment, and fully disgusted with him the next. There's a constant inner debate regarding who you (the reader) are for or against. Gregory is brilliant. I have not yet been disappointed by one of her books.

You can read an official description of the plot line at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16183.The_Virgin_s_Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment