"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Sunday, January 9, 2011

Nefertiti by Michelle Moran


I enjoyed this book very much. I've never read anything about the ancient Egyptians and the reviews of this book all commended the historical accuracy so I really appreciated a look into the way of life in an Egyptian court. It reminded me of Philippa Gregory's 'The Other Boelyn Girl'. The circumstances in the 'courts' of each country are very similar. The calculated cunning and the familial plotting of Nefertiti and her family also resounded of that seen by the Boelyn's. I heartily disliked Nefertiti throughout the book. I never was able to feel any compassion for her even in her most dramatic circumstances; however, I was fascinated to hear names I've been made familiar with in history classes as they appeared in the families they belonged to. I'm anxious to hear the next one from Moran, 'The Heretic Queen.'

You will find an official description of this book at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/481446.Nefertiti

No comments:

Post a Comment