"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Death of Kings (Emperor #2) by Conn Iggulden


I liked this second installment of the Emperor series, based on the life of Julius Caesar. The thing about this author is you have to be ready to stick with him for the long haul. Many of his books are supporting or leading up to 'the big one'. This one felt like it's setting the stage for something better and so did the last one. I'll keep reading because I find the story fascinating and I like this author but a less talented writer would have lost me with this 'chase the carrot' logic to reading a series long before now.

Find a description of this book at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/671724.The_Death_of_Kings

No comments:

Post a Comment