"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Sunday, January 9, 2011

Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri


This book was hard for me because I'm not really a fan of short stories. Although all of the stories were well written, that tended to be the downfall for me. Due to the fact that they were well written and intriguing- I was always left wanting more. I wanted to know what happened to the characters after the end of the story.  Part II of this book was more conclusive, the last three stories all pertaining to the same people, giving them a beginning and an end, but it was a sad ending, and although I'm aware that sad endings are a part of life- I don't really like to read them. I wouldn't discourage someone from reading this because of the quality of the writing, but I won't recommend it either.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/85301.Unaccustomed_Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment