"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran


I liked this one more than I did its predecessor, 'Nefertiti', and I enjoyed Nefertiti very much. I liked Nefertari as a main character more than I did Nefertiti or Mutnujamet. Moran has done her homework on Egyptian history; at the end of each book she briefly explains what elements are true, what missing pieces she's made educational guesses at, and why she made a particular assumption- much in the spirit of a Conn Iggulden novel.
This book was hard for me to walk away from and it seemed like just when I was relaxing from one tense moment there was another reason for me scoot to the edge of my seat- 'She what?! **Gasp**' :0)I laughed, cried (in my mind), cheered out loud, and got goose bumps more than once in this book. If this book were a movie I would say it would be worth a full price theater ticket.
Props to Moran; I'll keep an eye out for more of her work.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2897258.The_Heretic_Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment