"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Sunday, January 9, 2011

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah


When I first started this book I was so turned off by the poor quality of the writing that I couldn't really focus on much outside of that but as the story went it hit closer to home, reminded me of my relationship with my sister, and at the end... Well, I couldn't put it down and I couldn't stop crying. I appreciated this story because it also provided me with the much needed reality check that I often require in order to remember that in the grand scheme of things, many small irritations in life that I let rule my moments and sometimes days- mean nothing.

Find a description of this book at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1472878.Firefly_Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment