"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Sunday, January 9, 2011

Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Marcia Marquez



I tried to read one other book from this author. Something about 100 years or 1000 days. I don't remember the title, but I do remember hating it. Enough to put it down and never pick it up again. After that experience, when my book club chose this one- I was trepidatious. And with great gobs of good reason as it turned out. I was able to finish this one so that's better but it's not a very good story. I've never seen the movie so I'm not sure what it's like but this is very wordy, full of unecessary pieces, and frankly- a little disgusting in parts. I'm anxious to hear what the other ladies in my group thought about it. So far I've not met anyone who enjoyed it. This must be one only the professional critcs love...

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9712.Love_in_the_Time_of_Cholera

No comments:

Post a Comment