"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fall of Giants by Ken Follett



What a great book! Once again, Follett does not disappoint. If you can admire nothing else about this author you have to admire his research. I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't know much about WWI until I read this weighty volume but it spurred a long-overdue spark of curiosity and I found myself asking questions and doing research of my own. I am more aptly versed in the details of WWII so as the book closes I felt the ominous undertones of what was to come for the characters I came to love and hate, respect and disapprove. I am anxious to hash this one out with the ladies of my book club. I'm certain there were moments when I heard 'dum dum duuummm...' as I turned the final pages of part one of this trilogy.

You will find an official description of the plot line at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7315573-fall-of-giants

No comments:

Post a Comment