"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

House Rules by Jodi Picoult


I liked this latest addition from Jodi Picoult although I thought it was missing that strong ironic piece that I love about some of her others. Handle With Care really displayed her talent for the ironic but this one didn't have quite that impact. It was interesting and as always her research was impeccable.
I adored Oliver, the lawyer in this one. He's a great character; you just want to hug him and bring him home for supper. There are some laugh-out-loud moments but it tends towards frustrating. It's hard to empathize with Aspergers becuase it's such a difficult disease to understand. Picoult does a great job of helping the reader with that as much as possible though.A worthwhile read if for no other reason than to absorb Picoult's talent for putting you in a character's head; I'm not sorry I spent the money on this one.

You will find an official plot line description at;
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6614960-house-rules

No comments:

Post a Comment