"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

Wildthorn by Jane England


Hmmm... well, what a strange book. I don't necessarily think this is a 'dud' of a book club choice- although; I'm famous for choosing horrid book club reads. I thought there was a little too much conflict. The author would have been better to choose one life drama and stick to it. The introduction of two huge events took away from both. That said, there were moments in this book that I had to remind myself to breathe I was so anxious for the main character. I wouldn't knock this out of the hands of an interested reader but I will likely forget the title very soon.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4422777-wildthorn

No comments:

Post a Comment