"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lord of the Flies by William Golding


Like probably almost everyone else in the free world, I read this in junior high or high school as an assignment but I wanted to re-read it as an adult for a different take on it. It was more disturbing than I remembered it. Now I find myself wondering what came after? What kind of adult did Jack turn out to be? And Ralph? What did they tell the adults about Piggy and Simon? This time the ending seemed like just the beginning while back during my first reading I'm pretty sure I was just glad to have it done...

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7624.Lord_of_the_Flies

No comments:

Post a Comment