"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton


I ended up really loving this book. I always love a nice feel good story about women supporting each other and finding strengths they didn't know existed. This was a good cross between two of my other favorites: 'Angry Housewives Eating Bon-Bons' and 'The Help'. There was so much good faith and encouragement amongst the main characters that when you finally close the cover you feel like you could accomplish just about anything that is on your 'I Wish I...' list. I really liked the sprinkling of moral lessons and reminders throughout. The author never hits you with a direct 'don't waste time' or 'consider others' but you get them anyway in the nicest way through the trials and tribulations of the women you grow to love and wish you could meet.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2728347.The_Wednesday_Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment