"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman


I couldn't decide if this was a two star or three star. I really want to love this author. He's clever and witty, creative and incredibly imaginative. He's been awarded more than once. He has a great British accent. I love a great British accent. It just takes him too long to make it to the story part. I've read two of his and neither of them culminated until the very end. At the end I really liked this story. It had a great ending; it had a great message. I love Bod, the main character. The whole problem is that it's Dullsville until the last couple chapters. I've tried Gaiman twice now but I think I'm going to have to give him up. Too bad.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2213661.The_Graveyard_Book

No comments:

Post a Comment