"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

No Angel by Penny Vincenzi


Excellent read! I'm so glad this was recommended to me but I'm even more grateful that I ordered all three of this trilogy at the same time so I can get started on the second installment today. This family saga begins in the early 1900's just before WWI; what sets this particular saga apart from others like it is Vencenzi's incredible knack for suspense. This isn't a thriller by any means but I found myself on the edge of my seat through nearly the whole thing. This novel will make you hold your breath until you stop and remind yourself to let your shoulders drop and breathe in.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/215679.No_Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment