"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick


The actual story line in this one was good. It was baffling and mysterious and there were a few moments when you gasped out loud. Ironically, I think the author ruined his own story. First of all, I cannot remember ever reading a book so completely infused with sex, sexual desire, and fanciful lusting. I actually listened to this one and when I had it on in the car I would check to make sure the windows were all the way up so no one could hear the smut that was playing in my car. If that had been one or two parts- o.k. I'm no prude. It was too much though. Redundancy reined in Goolrick's constant feasts of flesh, and for me, that was only one thing that ruined this story. The other thing I thought was obnoxious was the constant ruminations by each of the characters. The problem with it was more that they always pondered the same things and came to the same conclusions and then acted in the exact same way. Redundant. If I had to choose one word for this whole book, that would be it. Redundant.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4929705-a-reliable-wife

No comments:

Post a Comment