"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency


This was an o.k. book. It was a quick read. I managed to knock it out in a couple of days even with school, work, and a weekend trip to Reno so obviously there's not much to it. It didn't have much of a story and it's written in a strange style. The use of the language is almost sophomoric. I'm having a hard time quantifying what it is about it that felt so adolescent but that was tone I got from it. There were some parts in it that I found humorous and one very ironic point in the book that I really appreciated and thought was cleverly integrated by the author. I wouldn't recommend that someone NOT read it, but when asked 'What should I read?' this won't be one that I pass on.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7061.The_No_1_Ladies_Detective_Agency

No comments:

Post a Comment