"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lady Macbeth by Susan Fraser King


Yaaayyy!!! I can go to book club with my head held high! I finally enjoyed one of their book choices. Geesh, I was starting to think it was me ;0). Anyway, I liked this book. It helped that it is the historical fiction type that I so enjoy but more than that I loved the strong female character. I loved her fierceness and how she capably handled herself in both women's roles and men's when necessary. I would have enjoyed a little more about 'Lady and Lord' together. There was little of that relationship exclusively so it was hard to get a sense of the heartbreak during their times of loss. Overall a good read and it went quicker than I anticipated it would.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2102468.Lady_Macbeth

No comments:

Post a Comment