"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak


I am quickly becoming a huge fan of this author. His way of seeing things is different than anything I've ever read and it's fascinating. He uses imagery like 'I walked up closer until my shadow stepped on him'. Talk about painting a picture! Outside of the writing this book had a great message (appropriately!) and there are several parts of it that are laugh-out-loud funny. I found myself wishing I too had a coffee-drinking dog named 'the Doorman'and card playing buddies that insult one another to show affection. Regular people doing regular things become heroes and it really drives home the point that people are more than what you see- or what they let you see. I didn't read this one- I devoured it!

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19057.I_Am_the_Messenger

No comments:

Post a Comment