"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips


I couldn't decide whether to give this one star or two. I went with two only because it was a very quick read and I wasn't subjected to it for an overlong period of time. I really should have known that it wouldn't be for me but I never learn.... Though the idea seemed fun and light hearted when I read the summary it ended up being more irritatingly stupid. I know about the 'fickle' gods but reading this took a lot of romance out of the idea of all those gods doing their part and just made them look ridiculous and petty. The writing, while not as shallow as some I've read, was extremely infantile. I'm actually less intelligent having read this one.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1159679.Gods_Behaving_Badly

No comments:

Post a Comment