"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris


These books make me smile. They also make me wish I was a little (o.k., alot) like Sookie Stackhouse. She's always so nice to people until they deserve another approach and then she loses it. I lose it first and then contemplate if it was a valid reaction or not.... But I digress...
This installment in the series made me think of Harry Potter a little, in a very good contest-of-the-wills and agility kind of way. They ALWAYS remind me of Stephanie Plum, Janet Evanovitch's character in the Plum series. It's a very good combination of fun and mystery and fantasy. A nice break if your other reading is say... a marketing textbook... :0)

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/170210.Dead_as_a_Doornail

No comments:

Post a Comment