"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Footprints of God by Greg Iles


It pains me to say that this book was just o.k. because I'm a fan of Greg Iles, but it was just o.k. I still admire Iles' ability to write novel after novel and make each of them completely different and his research is extensive and interesting but this book was too techie-IT-strange for me. The juxtaposition Iles creates between a supreme being, artificial intelligience, and the convergence of the two was too hard for me to follow and too strange for me to want to try at it. At the very end of the book when everything was culminating for the 'big finish' I found myself nodding off and I had to force myself to finish. Relief was all I noticed when I tossed this one into the 'give-away' box.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43995.The_Footprints_of_God

No comments:

Post a Comment