"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo


I liked this one. I am a fan of historical fiction so the WWII stuff really appealed to me. It's also a look/vantage point at WWII that I've never had the pleasure of reading about. The only thing that I struggled with was that even after finishing- I'm not quite sure of all that went on there. I'm missing a key piece of the mystery and I hope my book club can dumb it down for me. The other thing I found curious is that all parts of the mystery aren't solved. I hope those threads are picked up again in the second one. I appreciated the wry sense of humor that det. Harry Hole offers. Even in the midst of crime and mayhem you get a few chuckles from an ironic personality. I'll keep an eye out for this author. I always like stories with a lot of characters with multiple lives/plot lines at the same time.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/465226.The_Redbreast

No comments:

Post a Comment