"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

Forever by Pete Hamill


I fell in love with the first half of this book and then struggled mightily with the second half. The beginning was engrossing, you were rooting for the main character and couldn't wait to see what would happen next, and then... Nothing happened next, and still nothing, and wait- nope, still nothing. I think the title is actually derived from what the reader feels trying to get through it- 'This is taking foooorrreeevvveeerrr....'. And the end- what a let down. I was left with so many lingering questions that the best I could do was a sound of disgust. I raved in favor of the first half and was already making the list of all the people I was going to recommend this to, then I felt like I had been led on, teased into believing it could continue to be just as wonderful. Bummer.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/148465.Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment