"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Post Birthday World by Lionel Shriver



I loved this book! The style in which it is written is so different from anything I've ever read. I was fascinated more by the way it was written and how gracefully the author tied everything together. Parts of it were a little tough for me to swallow.
I thought it was obvious that it was written by a man when he addressed the sexual prowess of the main female character-then I found out that Lionel Shriver is a woman! There goes that half-baked theory :0). Beyond that, Post-Birthday World gave me a lot to think about. To ponder the idea that a single decision, one that seems so minor and without consequence, can-and often does-completely change the course of your life-well, to say I was struck by that would be an understatement.

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/393060.The_Post_Birthday_World

No comments:

Post a Comment