"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, January 8, 2011

Fade Away by Harlan Coben


What a pleasant surprise this turned out to be! After reading the unimpressive golf installment of this series I was determined just to get through two others I already have in my line up (no sporting pun intended) but I really enjoyed this one. The funnier side of mystery is there, like Back Spin, but unlike Back Spin- Coben got it this time. Instead of jokes that weren't funny and rhetoric that missed the mark, in Fade Away there were several laugh out loud moments. The mystery was a good one. I didn't see the outcome until the moment it was revealed. There is an early exchange between the main character and his mother that I really appreciated. It was funny and realistic and funny because it was realistic. I have one more of the books from this series so I'm anxious to see which one was the fluke. Was Back Spin just a dud or was Fade Away and accidental success in an otherwise unimpressive collection? Dum, dum, dum...

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/272607.Fade_Away

No comments:

Post a Comment