"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, by Ree Drummond


I enjoyed this book and got a few belly laughs out of it. It is easy to see why Drummond's blog is/was a smash-hit success. Through the middle, I lost my engagement a little when it seemed the story of the courtship would never end but would continue with cotton candy sweetness until I passed out from it. Again, I think that in blog installments it was probably perfect, but as a sit-down-and-read-it-through type it got a little "Charlie Brown's teacher". Once the vows have been said and the dearly beloved part for their honeymoon, things really got going for me. This poor couple had adventures that National Lampoons can't compete with :0). One remaining point of contention-she refers to her guy as The Marlboro Man the WHOLE time. Towards the end the reference was annoying and worn thin. I just wanted to know, WHAT IS THIS MAN'S GIVEN NAME?! Ultimately, it's an airport read, best enjoyed when your attention is divided and you need something light. 


You will find an official plot line description at: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8483233-the-pioneer-woman

No comments:

Post a Comment