"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, April 21, 2012

Little Bee by Chris Cleave


I had a difficult time getting through this one. There were very few parts that I found captivating; however, I did manage to feel guilty throughout for not finding the whole thing captivating... The subject matter is the kind that makes you feel like if you don't find the story engrossing, there must be something wrong with you at your core. I did fall in love with the little boy who thinks he's Batman but the rest of the characters were not as easy to love. Many of their deeds/misdeeds left me feeling horrified with humanity on the whole and hoping to reincarnate as a tulip. 


You will find an official plot line description at: 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4078927-little-bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment