"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Drop by Michael Connelly


I have read every book in this series so when a new one comes out it's like saying hello to old friends. I don't love everything about Harry Bosch but that makes him real. This is the first book in the series where I get a true sense that he's aging and I did not appreciate that thought! A world without Harry Bosch in it is one that I prefer not to think about! 
As far as mysteries go, this wasn't a terribly good one. The premise of the crimes is fascinating but it was clear that this novel's focus wasn't creating a gripping mystery. There comes a time in every series where the gaps must be bridged and this one felt like a transitional installment, preparing us all for the next step in Harry's life more than anything else. Although I didn't find the mystery all that compelling, I can appreciate the need for this type of book in a long-running series such as this one.


You will find an official plot line description at: 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11082037-the-drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment