"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho


This book has been on my "to-read" list for years. Finally it made its way to my Kindle and I'm so glad it did. I have concluded that I didn't read it before because I needed its message now. It is a little like a parable; in each section of the story there is a message and a lesson. The ultimate takeaway for me was to remember to have faith, take the next step, and always listen to the urges of my heart. I will read this again and I have no doubt that the meaning will be different for me each time I pick it up. 


You will find an official plot line description at: 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/865.The_Alchemist.

No comments:

Post a Comment