"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, April 21, 2012

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini


Ah...the end of an age.... What a wonderful adventure Christopher Paolini has taken me on. I enjoyed this final installment of Paolini's four. I know many reviewers did not appreciate the neat and tidy wrapping-up of all the loose threads but I especially loved that aspect. Sure, it isn't realistic, but the whole story is about dragons, elves, magicians, dwarves, werecats, and any other number of fantastical and fictional characters. At that point it seems like leaving a few plot elements hanging for the sake of "realism" is like throwing a few chairs off the Titantic. The only regret I had at the turn of the last page is that it still doesn't feel finished to me. I think I may have even said, "That's it?!?" out loud. Sure, all the real hot points have been addressed and you know where everybody ends up but, what are they all going to do now? Argh!! I must know. I'm going to hope the Paolini gets itchy fingers and types up an epilogue.


You will find an official plot line description at: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7664041-inheritance.

No comments:

Post a Comment