"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Monday, November 14, 2011

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks


I believe I have outgrown Nicholas Sparks :0). He writes the most moving stories but I'm swearing off of him-this time for good maybe. I find that I am not the youthful romantic I once was and I no longer enjoy sobbing for hours over a heart wrenching ending. This is a lovely father-daughter story with a very typical Nicholas Sparks-y ending that I cried over for hours. I did enjoy the points of reflection that he brings up throughout the novel. Sparks has a brilliant way of making readers look at their own lives and characters through his fictional tales. Despite this value, I am no longer young enough to relish applying mascara more than once a day....


You will find an official plot line description at: 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6400090-the-last-song

No comments:

Post a Comment