"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time #1) by Robert Jordan



I am struggling with the star rating on this one. I want to love it because so many people do. This series has a fan club to rival the followers of Justin Bieber. I just couldn't get there. I had to keep going over and over the same parts because I couldn't keep my attention on the story. I don't hate it. But I just couldn't love it. My mom actually read it twice. When she shared that with me I gawped at her in awe and admiration- "How did you manage it TWICE?!," I exclaimed in utter disbelief. I have the second one and I'm going to give it a go over the next couple of weeks. My hope is that now that I am familiar with the characters and have a basic idea of the premise, things will pick up and I will be able to count myself among the masses of adoring fans. So many people can't be wrong... I hope.


You will find an official plot line description at: 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/228665.The_Eye_of_the_World

No comments:

Post a Comment