"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Girl You Left Behind by JoJo Moyes


I loved, loved, loved the parts of this book that followed the struggles of Sophie and her family in German occupied France during WWI. When the tale swaps over to the more modern day story of Liv, a young widow struggling to survive and keep the belongings she cherishes, I lost some of the momentum Sophie created. Liv is likable too and her friend Mo is fabulous but I was so entranced by Sophie that when the story moves into the next century it felt jarring. That said, I was kept riveted by the glimpses I continued to get of Sophie throughout the book and the promise of finally finding out what happened to her kept the pages turning late into the night. When the final mystery is uncovered it's hard to imagine receiving the story any other way. This one didn't make the 5-star mark only because the final part of Sophie's story was hard for me to buy into. Regardless, I logged on immediately I bought a couple more by JoJo Moyes. I'm a confirmed fan and can't wait until her new release, One Plus One, in just a few days. 













You will find an official plot line description at: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17572903-the-girl-you-left-behind?from_search=true.

No comments:

Post a Comment