"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Thursday, June 26, 2014

Home to Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani


This closeout novel to the Big Stone Gap series was a little disappointing. It seems like the storyline is just worn through by this time. There are still good parts, points of value, and even a few belly laughs but unfortunately when you hold this one up to the first two it just can't compete. Each book in the series got just a little weaker but the characters are so lovable and dynamic I kept hoping for a return to what made me fall in love to begin with. Sadly this one never quite gets there. I'm not sorry I read it but I would recommend the first one 100 times over before I mentioned this one. 
















You will find an official plot line description at: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58823.Home_to_Big_Stone_Gap?from_search=true.

No comments:

Post a Comment