"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Thursday, June 26, 2014

Milk Glass Moon by Adriana Trigiani


I really would have given this one a 3.5 if I had the option. I still love this series but the difficulties that Ave Maria faces are starting to become redundant. It seems like she continually faces the same trials within her marriage without ever making any progress, for better or worse (no pun intended). That is not to say that the book isn't completely worth reading just to keep up with Fleeta, Speck, Iva Lou, and the rest of the wacky bunch populating Big Stone Gap. I wouldn't have missed this one but I didn't love it quite so much as the first two. When I was working on the engagement reading for this one it was especially difficult because all the parts with Iva Lou, Speck, Fleeta, and the others are still 4 stars for me but the parts with Ave Maria slowed the momentum of the whole novel.













You will find an official plot line description at: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/105696.Milk_Glass_Moon?ac=1.

No comments:

Post a Comment