"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Tuesday, July 22, 2014

It Comes in Waves by Erika Marks


I'm not a huge fan of "chick lit". Standards from the genre feel redundant to me after indulging in a few consecutive chick-lit choices. That said, there are times when I need a little chick lit in my life. Periodically I need a story about a woman getting the job, getting the guy, getting rich, maybe even getting it ALL. It Comes In Waves filled my chick-lit requirement perfectly.

The novel switches from present day to 20 years prior, tying events of the past to the adults those events ultimately shape. Marks juggles past and present flawlessly. Every chapter left me wanting to know more. It Comes In Waves is a rewarding and heartwarming novel about love in its many expressions, parental, romantic, and friendly, with the perfect number of happy endings to make the journey satisfying without becoming saccharine.

Despite my love for the majority of the book, my final opinion was slightly compromised by the lack of closure in what I felt was the key relationship in the novel. Still a worthwhile read that I enjoyed immensely.















You will find an official plot line description at: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18693668-it-comes-in-waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment