"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Thursday, June 26, 2014

Big Cherry Holler by Adriana Trigiani


I jumped right into this second book about the Big Stone Gap characters so I the evolution to a slightly more serious story wasn't quite as jarring for me as it was for some fellow fans. There's no doubt that this book has a different tone than Big Stone Gap though. Big Stone Gap had me right on the verge of laughter the entire time but Big Cherry Holler takes the citizens of Big Stone Gap through a series of trials and heartaches that made me hurt for them. I loved this installment as much as I did the first but in a different way. Like old friends, I laughed and cried with the citizens of Big Stone Gap and was sorry when the book was over. And I CANNOT get enough of Fleeta :0). 















You will find an official plot line description at: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/52471.Big_Cherry_Holler?from_search=true.

No comments:

Post a Comment