"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Monday, November 12, 2012

Defending Jacob by William Landay


Again I find myself wishing for the 3.5 star rating option. This book held my interest from the beginning. Since I'm not a parent it's very difficult for me to relate to the characters. So much of this novel is about the differing views of the parents regarding their son's guilt or innocence in the murder of a classmate. I don't understand the blind-love and loyalty of parents, nor do I understand the guilt of parents who suspect something sinister in their offspring. That aside, as a reader, I found this tale gripping. I was taken completely by surprise at the end and think Landay did a terrific job of keeping readers attention throughout. I will definitely seek out more of his work.

You will find an official plot line description at: 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11367726-defending-jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment