"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Confessor by Terry Goodkind


I thought I would never finish this series but alas, I have closed the cover on the final book! All told there are 11 of these plus a prequel and out of all of them, I liked the 10th one best. Goodkind tends to wax philosophical about life, the value of life, and the value of living a life true to your own hopes and desires rather than one influenced, or even dictated, by positions of perceived power (i.e. religious and political figures). While I am 100% on board with his sentiments on the subject, I was also 100% tired of hearing about it by the time I finished the series. I liked the 10th one best because it was the shortest. I'm not afraid of a great big, epic tome-I just get tired of hearing the same speech multiple times if that is what fills the great many pages. He cut out some of that in the 10th one and I loved it. I hoped for more of the same in the last one and while it was less speech-riddled than most of them, there was more of such ramblings in #11 than there was in #10. At any rate, I do feel a certain sense of pride for having pushed on through all of them but I won't be seeking out any more work by this author. 

You will find an official plot line description at: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/604803.Confessor.

No comments:

Post a Comment