"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Office of Mercy by Ariel Djanikian


I am baffled by this book! Most of the way through it I felt like it was mostly a missed opportunity. The storyline is fascinating but it's too short to really take advantage of the author's imagination. When I finally felt like I was getting a feel for what was going on and getting to know the characters, the book was nearing the end. The last 100 pages are engaging but then the end just drops off. I dug around to see if I could find out if this is the first of a series but I can't find anything that mentions another book. The Office of Mercy reminds me of the curve of normal distribution. Slow, slow, slow, hits the peak of average and then drops back off into oblivion. I was really let down by the end. I could have easily forgiven the confusing and disengaging beginning for a real ending. If another book presents itself, I will definitely take it up. I would love to know what happens to Natasha and Jeffrey and the settlement of America 5.


You will find an official plot line description at: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18079706-the-office-of-mercy?from_search=true.

No comments:

Post a Comment