"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Long Way Home by Laura Caldwell


When I picked this up I didn't expect it to be a couple of lawyers doing the rescuing in a courtroom but that is exactly what it is. It took some time for me to get into the story and become invested in the outcome. Initially, I was so horrified by the act of violence committed against the innocent victim I couldn't see past that crime to those committed by the purveyors of the legal system. Finally I did move over to be a champion for Jovan and enjoyed the tale of his legal battle but I would have enjoyed a more personal look into Jovan's life, as well as into that of his legal representatives, lending the tale the personal and emotional note I found it lacking. 



You will find an official plot line description at: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9028645-long-way-home.

No comments:

Post a Comment