"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Monday, February 17, 2014

Lydia's Party by Margaret Hawkins


I love books with several characters' individual stories interwoven into a cohesive whole, especially when they focus on a group of women. I eagerly anticipated enjoying Lydia's Party because it seemed to promise a variety of diverse characters coming together, just they way I like it. Unfortunately it misses the mark on almost every level. The characters are skin deep at best and I wasn't able to discern any real plot line. I'm still not sure what the premise of the novel was supposed to be. A long rambling of regret, I was left feeling depressed by the characters and disappointed in the execution of an overdone storyline. 

You will find an official plot line description at: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18079655-lydia-s-party?from_search=true.

No comments:

Post a Comment