"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic by Emily Croy Barker


I have a love/hate relationship with this book. Parts of it were so engaging I couldn't put it down then all the sudden whatever I found fascinating dropped off and the author picked up something different. There is a very long stretch in the middle that screams for editing. It goes on forever offering little to no value. And the end. Dang it! No matter how I felt about the rest of the book, I still wanted it to have a proper ending! But alas, no such luck. It just stops. Drops right off. The epitome of cliff hanger. This is the first of a trilogy and if someone gives me the next one I'll read it but I certainly won't pay for it. 

You will find an official plot line description at: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16158565-the-thinking-woman-s-guide-to-real-magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment