"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Shack by William P. Young


This book is one of the most thought provoking novels I have ever encountered. I am short on formal theological education so many parts of the book were difficult for me to understand. Despite that, I was completely compelled by the messages. Many of the ideas portrayed match my own but there were certainly new theories to mull over and try on. Some may only eventually fit into my belief system while others clicked in place immediately. I always enjoy a book that challenges the way I think and forces me to examine and question existing beliefs and behavior patterns. I rarely read or listen to a book more than once. Young's story will be an exception to that rule many times over.

You will find an official plot line description at: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1812457.The_Shack.

No comments:

Post a Comment