"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Monday, May 14, 2012

Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster


When I initially started Bitter is the New Black, I was appalled by the main character. At the time I didn't realize that Jen Lancaster was, very bravely and honestly, painting a picture of what she was like before she evolved into a woman I could easily look up to. The evolution of Jen is touching and inspiring. Her story prompted me to take a harder look at some of my own less flattering traits, and trust me, there are plenty to bear the scrutiny. She's funny, sarcastic, witty, and very, very clever. I loved her writing style and enjoyed her growth and success even more. I will definitely check out her other books and look forward to the insight and belly laughs that a trip to Jensylvania are sure to bring. 

You will find an official description at: 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27126.Bitter_is_the_New_Black_

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this one, Chanda, but it will definitely go onto my TBR list now as it sounds like a really worthwhile read.

    Cheers, Beejay
    (and I do apologise for always adding an "r" into your name)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't even think of apologizing for that! You can't imagine the creative derivations of my name I've seen ;0). I will be anxious to read your review of this book. I had a hard time getting into it and then really loved it so I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you.

      Delete