"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Friday, April 4, 2014

Tricked by Kevin Hearne



I seem to enjoy each book in this series more than I enjoyed its predecessor. It may be that the further I get into a series the more I like the characters and become attached to them. It may be that this one seemed more exciting than earlier installments. It may be only that I have a pet-crush on the wolf hound and love to hear anything he has to add.  In any case, Tricked is an engaging "next" piece in the adventures of Atticus and friends. These are not novels that will lend to your intellectual growth but they are entertaining, well-written, humorous in parts, and imaginative. I like to do double duty, reading two novels at once-one that requires active cognitive engagement and one that doesn't. Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles have provided hours of mindless entertainment, giving me the respite I'm seeking. As always, I'm looking forward to the next one.

You will find an official plot line description at: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12700306-tricked?from_search=true.

No comments:

Post a Comment