"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Wednesday, April 16, 2014

In Time by Alexandra Bracken


Short stories aren't typically a format I enjoy but I loved this one. I loved finding out what was happening to Zu, one of the characters I fell in love with in the first book, during the short time between the first and second novels. I also appreciated the alternative point of view. Getting a look into the thoughts and feelings of an adult citizen shed light on some of the varied and difficult dynamics faced by citizens of all ages. The raw emotions of the characters hooked me again and I was sucked right back into the continuing adventure of The Darkest Minds series. The only fault I could find within the covers of In Time is the length. I wanted more! :0)  I'm taking a short break before I dive into the second novel, only because I'm not ready for it to be over yet.

You will find an official plot line description at: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18052136-in-time?from_search=true.

No comments:

Post a Comment