"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Sunday, December 30, 2012

Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth, #4) by Terry Goodkind


I'm finally in. It took four books and a prequel in this series for me to finally buy in but at long last I'm hooked. I have been listening to this series so this fourth one, done by yet another new narrator, threw me a little as many of the character names are pronounced differently than they were in the previous 4 (1-3 and the prequel). In book 5 the narrator changes again and they continue to change with each installment until book 9 from what I can tell. That's annoying. The narrator becomes the voice of the tale and can significantly impact the reaction of the audience- it significantly impacts THIS audience anyway! 
That aside, I did enjoy this one. There were long stretches of time that I sat listening, captivated and not wanting to move on to a task for fear I might miss something. I typically would not try so many in a series before deciding to love it or leave it but I already owned 1-6 so I committed to that many at least. Thankfully I am looking forward to number 5, despite another narrator change, and no longer view The Sword of Truth series as an exercise in reader endurance.

You will find an official plot line description at: 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/253058.Temple_of_the_Winds

No comments:

Post a Comment