"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx



Sunday, December 30, 2012

Grave Peril by Jim Butcher


This is really it for Harry and I (unless I still have another installment on my shelf...). This is number three and I still am not compelled by the character lineup. I heard an interview with Mr. Butcher about this book and he mentioned how many fans feel that Grave Peril is when the series really gets started. I didn't have that reaction to this book. Just when I begin to get into the story I am annoyed by Harry's constant guilt trip. The dashing, duster-clad hero is always obligating himself to everyone else and then goes on a guilt trip, reader in tow, when something goes awry. I don't like to hang out with people like that in real life so I most certainly don't enjoy the "it's all my fault, it always is" types for my fictional retreat each day. 

You will find an official plot line description at:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/91476.Grave_Peril.

No comments:

Post a Comment